As a side note, this was the first time I used my Silpat for cookies and ohmygod, I’m in love.
Photos of the process here .
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Mix oil, chocolate, granulated sugar and vanilla in large bowl. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease cookie sheet.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into powdered sugar; roll around to coat. Shape into balls. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until almost no imprint remains when touched lightly in center. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
- I put the dough back in the fridge between batches because it was getting really sticky.
- I dusted my hands with powdered sugar when rolling the balls; they didn’t stick to my hands that way.
- The recipe on the Betty Crocker site says this yields six dozen; I only got four dozen.
Recipe from Betty Crocker .