Print This Recipe
Yes, seriously, Diet Coke. And no, you can’t taste it whatsoever.
I went back to Weight Watchers (about ten pounds from goal!) a few weeks ago and have since heard a zillion people gushing about these cupcakes and decided I had to give them a try. And well, they’re not too bad. Definitely a different texture than cupcakes with the regular ingredients, but nothing to complain about.
If I ever find myself with a major cupcake craving, I might make them again. Of course, they’re not as good as the real thing.
1 box cake mix
1 egg white
1 can Diet Coke
Remember, you are substituting the Diet Coke and egg white for the ingredients the box mix calls for–do not add the eggs, oil, etc.
- Preheat oven as directed on box.
- Beat cake mix, egg white, and one can of Diet Coke.
- Fill lined cupcake trays.
- Bake as directed on box. (I set the timer for a couple minutes less and checked on them. They were done.)
- Remove cupcakes from tray and let cool.
- Drizzle glaze over cupcakes, allow glaze to set.
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Mix powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. If glaze is too thick, add more milk.
Note: If you’re using a white or yellow mix, use Diet 7-Up or another clear diet soda.