Print This Recipe
I was in the mood to bake, but wanted to make something easy so I decided to give this recipe a whirl. I followed other reviewers’ advice and added vanilla as well as more peanut butter, but I just don’t get all the rave reviews. To me, these were good, but nothing special. Then again, I’m not a huge peanut butter cookie fan and the real test will be when I bring the cookies into the office tomorrow.
Also, I noticed the tops of most of the cookies look cracked, and the nice criss-cross pattern didn’t show. I’m thinking it may be because I made the cookies smaller (and therefore flatter), but really, I have no clue. Any ideas?
Photos of the process here.
1 cup unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups crunchy peanut butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir into batter. Put batter in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll into 1 inch balls, (optional–roll in sugar), and put on baking sheets. Flatten each ball with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern. Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for about 10 minutes or until cookies begin to brown. Do not over-bake.
Makes about four dozen cookies.
- I didn’t have any crunchy peanut butter at home so I used creamy.
- I rolled some of the cookies in sugar after shaping them into balls.
- I used a small cookie scoop so I got way more than four dozen cookies.
Original recipe from All Recipes.